How much musical experience do I need before I apply?

We encourage students of all skill levels to apply. At a minimum, one to three years of dedicated study on your primary instrument are recommended. Our programs are designed to teach fundamental musicianship from the ground up, so the main qualities we look for in new students are academic excellence, passion for music, and dedication to personal and artistic growth. Our VIDEO AUDITION REQUIREMENTS can be found HERE

How do I apply?

It's so easy! See our HOW TO APPLY page for step-by-step guidance through the application process. If you need assistance, contact us directly at (626) 577-1751 or [email protected] for help.

Is CCM Accredited?

California College of Music is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.

Are scholarships or financial aid available at CCM?

In an effort to make popular music education affordable to everyone, we offer TALENT-BASED SCHOLARSHIPS for music students from all over the world. For students who are U.S. citizens or residents, we also offer ECONOMIC TUITION REDUCTIONS as well as 0% INTEREST MONTHLY PAYMENT PLANS for students facing financial hardship. These programs are described in our General Catalog; contact us at (626) 577-1751 or [email protected] for assistance. 

What are the housing options at CCM?

We do not offer on-campus housing, so detailed information is available at our HOUSING RESOURCES PAGE to enable students to find their own housing in the Pasadena area. For those who still require assistance locating housing, we offer a HOUSING PLACEMENT SERVICE for a one-time fee of $250. Please visit the HOUSING RESOURCES PAGE or contact us at (626) 577-1751 or [email protected] for assistance.

How old do I need to be to apply?

All students must provide Proof of Graduation from high school or the equivalent before enrolling in a program at California College of Music. Acceptable forms of Proof of Graduation are a high school transcript showing graduation date, a high school diploma, a passing score on a GED® test, or a transcript from an accredited college or university. Our standard minimum age requirement for entrance is 18 years old.

Can I enroll during the Summer or Winter Quarter?

Summer or Winter Quarter enrollments are available to students entering in our non-collegiate Preparatory Quarter, in which students who wish to establish basic musicianship can take fundamentals and entry-level classes designed to prepare them to successfully audition for college-level music programs at California College of Music or elsewhere. 

I'm an international student. How do I get a student visa?

If you are accepted to any of CCM’s programs, you will receive a Form I-20 which establishes a record for you within the Student and Exchange Visitor Program and makes you eligible to apply for a visa interview with the U.S. Embassy in your country. The U.S. Embassy decides whether or not to grant you a student visa, allowing you to enter the U.S. to study music.  In order to successfully obtain your Form I-20, your first quarter tuition and fees must be paid in full. Visa regulations are subject to change; check the U.S. Embassy website at WWW.USEMBASSY.GOV for up-to-date information. Contact us at (626) 577-1751 or [email protected] if you need more information.

What is Optional Practical Training for international students? How do I become eligible for OPT?

Optional Practical Training or "OPT" is a period authorized by USCIS which permits a student holding an F-1 student visa to stay in the United States for up to one year after completing their program in order to work and gain professional experience in the music industry. International students who successfully complete our 12-month Artist Development Certificate or Certificate in Music Performance programs are eligible to request an OPT period. Further information regarding OPT can be found at the USCIS OPT page, the DHS Study In The States OPT page, and the Wikipedia OPT page. If you have any questions regarding OPT, please contact us at (626) 577-1751 or [email protected].