A Talent-based Scholarship at California College of Music is an institutional award which all students can apply for!
Students who receive this scholarship can reduce their tuition by 10-30%.
Student conditions and obligations in order to maintain scholarship
- Student must pay tuition and fees in full according to the payment schedule in the Enrollment Agreement.
- Student must maintain full-time status (a course load of at least 12 units) at all times. A student who must extend his/her program beyond the initial program length as stated in the Enrollment Agreement, whether by choice or due to failed courses, may not reapply for a scholarship or redistribute any remaining scholarship to the new quarter.
- Student must attend at least 85% of scheduled classes in every course.
- Student must make continuous academic progress each quarter and complete his/her program on time.
- Students receiving scholarships must maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 for their scholarship award to be disbursed in each new quarter.
IMPORTANT: The maximum amount of institutional awards (Talent-based Scholarship & Economic Tuition Reduction) combined cannot exceed 30% of the programs tuition. Only new applicants may apply for scholarships; previously or currently enrolled students are not eligible. Scholarships are non-transferable and have no redeemable cash value. All scholarship application information (including auditions, personal statements, and letters of recommendation) is considered final once submitted. California College of Music is not responsible for damage or loss of any submission.
An Economic Tuition Reduction (ETR) at California College of Music is an institutional award reserved for domestic students who can demonstrate significant economic hardship. Students can reduce their tuition by $750-4,500 (depending on program length and need).
In order to be considered you must first apply to a full-time program, fill out the Economic Tuition Reduction Application, and then submit your most recent Tax Return. If you are approved for an ETR award you are also eligible to request a 0% interest monthly payment plan.
IMPORTANT: The maximum amount of institutional awards (Talent-based Scholarship & Economic Tuition Reduction) combined cannot exceed 30% of the programs tuition. Only new applicants may apply for ETR; previously or currently enrolled students are not eligible. ETR awards are non-transferable and have no redeemable cash value. All ETR application information is considered final once submitted. California College of Music is not responsible for damage or loss of any submission.
California College of Music is approved to accept veteran education benefits. Eligible veterans, active duty service persons, reservists, or otherwise eligible members (such as spouses and dependents) may student in the following programs:
• Certificate in Performance
• Associate of Science degree program in Performance
• Certificate in Songwriting & Music Production
NOTE: CCM does not approve veterans for educational benefits. The School Certifying Official (SCO) only certifies student enrollment based on veterans’ Certificate of Eligibility (COE) and will serve as a direct liaison between CCM and the Department of Veterans Affairs regarding underpayment, overpayment, or non-payment of VA educational benefits.
VETERAN’S BENEFITS PROCEDURES
Step 1: Apply for VA Education Benefits
Check with the Department of Veteran Affairs (VA) for an excellent step by step road map that will help you determine your benefit eligibility, compare programs, calculate your benefit, collect your paperwork, and apply for VA benefits online. The Department of Veterans Affairs can take at least 45 days to approve your benefits if you are a new applicant. For questions regarding eligibility or remaining benefits, contact VA at 888.442.4551 or visit www.gibill.va.gov
Step 2: Apply and Enroll at CCM
Follow and complete our easy 4-step process located on our website at HOW TO APPLY. Within the online application, be sure to indicate under Financial Support Options that you would like to use VA educational benefits. Additionally, all veterans are required to obtain and submit transcripts from all previously attended school(s) for consideration of transfer of credit.
Once accepted into CCM, you must submit your Certificate of Eligibility (COE) or a Statement of Benefits to our SCO in order to attend the mandatory Student Orientation, take placement exams, and register for courses. A submission of your COE, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA, will guarantee the school will not:
- Prevent your enrollment into the institution
- Assess late penalty fees
- Require you to secure alternative or additional funding, or
- Deny you access to any resources available to other students who have satisfied their tuition & fees to the institution.
All questions regarding the application process and enrollment into the College as a veteran student should be directed to the SCO of CCM. Call 626.577.1751 or email [email protected].
Step 3: Request Your Benefits Each Quarter
Certification of enrollment is not automatic. To have your certification submitted to the VA, you must meet with your academic advisor by the end of every quarter. You will review current grades, satisfactory academic progress, and upcoming quarter requirements. Upon completion, you will receive final grades and be eligible to register for courses.